Saturday, October 2, 2010

When autumn leaves start to fall

I love autumn. It's by far my favorite season of the year. (Although, there really isn't a season I don't love, except one. Rainy season in Oregon. I can't want that.) I love how the sun sets a little earlier, the evenings are longer, the air is cooler.... I love the vibrant colors in the trees, and scattered all over the ground. 




I love walking in the fall. I love how I can layer up, or wear shorts and be neither too hot nor too cold. I love walking hand in hand with my beloved, sometimes speaking of spiritual things; sometimes not speaking at all.



I love the sound of John Coltrane filling my home long after the babies are fast asleep, and the only light comes from the flicker of candles on the window sill and the glow of the fireplace across the room.


I love the aroma of pumpkin and apples in the air.


I love the warmth of a cool cocktail in my mouth, the rise and fall of my beloved's chest where he holds me close, and the tenderness of his breath against my skin.


I love our conversations, the honesty of his heart, the vulnerability in his voice.


I love autumn. She's romantic and seductive. She's persuasive and engaging.


And she elicits the same in me. 

No comments: