Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lil' Pun'kins



We took the piglets to the pun'kin patch on Sunday - partly for something to do, and partly to visit with Uncle Jeff on his berfday. It's hard to believe that it's October and in just a week my babiest baby will be a year old. 


Uncle Jeff is actually Jeffrey & Eden's uncle Jeff - Scott's big brother. (As opposed to my Uncle Jeff... because I don't have an Uncle Jeff. I do have an Uncle Jack, though. So I have that going for me.)  


Our Jeffrey was named after Jeff.  We knew long before we got married that if we ever had a son, we'd name him after Jeff. Scott has wonderful memories of Jeff being his protector and buddy growing up. Jeffrey has big shoes to fill (figuratively, because literally Jeff has small shoes...). We hope and pray that Jeffrey will be as good of a big brother to Eden as Jeff was (is) to Scott. So far, he's doing a great job. 


When we found out I was pregnant with Eden, we were hoping for an October 3rd birthday. Jeffrey shared his name, and perhaps baby #2 would share his birthday. But... alas, she was born 8 days later (and only 1 hour and 14 minutes past her due date). For some reason, I have October 3rd stuck in my head, even to the point of actually marking October 3rd on all of my benefits forms. Whoops. You wouldn't think that a mother would "forget" the birth dates of her babies. 

Jeffrey and Uncle Jeff are buddies. I love seeing these two together. Jeffrey has an incredible mentor  in his uncle. They both make me proud.


And besides that, Jeff is stinkin' hilarious. He has one of the best laughs I've ever heard. When Scott and Jeff get together, you can expect to be entertained (even when half of what they talk about doesn't make a bit of sense). You can't help but laugh along with them.


He's crazy. And we love him.


Jeffrey loved the pun'kin patch. He was looking for the perfect pumpkins - just to sit on and pose. 

I even got one with us together. This hardly ever happens. Thanks, Uncle Jeff. 



Our other little bean sure wasn't happy though.

But Big Brother Jeffrey came to give her kisses and make it all better.

Which actually didn't help at all.

Sometimes it just takes Mommy's touch.

In the end, Jeffrey picked his perfect pumpkin.

Uncle Jeff got his, too (which marked the first time in history that I have ever bought someone a pumpkin for their birthday).


And we picked a wheelbarrow full.

Which was a little much for a fat man....

What's a wheelbarrow without a ride?


A pun'kin patch is a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

No comments: