Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A few of my favorite love story movie lines and the movies that go with them

"What is it about love that makes us so stupid?"


"By the way, would telling you now that I want sex tonight be enough of a warning?"





"It's only in the mysterious equation of love that any logical reasons can be found. I'm only here tonight because of you. You are the only reason I am... you are all my reasons."


 
"Just admit it. You love her more."
"No. Not more, Lowenstein. Only longer."




"I love the mornings! I clap my hands every morning and say, 'This is gonna be a great day!'"





"What we do in life echoes in eternity."

 
"I would like a lifetime spent with an irrational and suspicious goddess, some short-tempered jealousy on the side, and a bottle of wine that tastes like you, a glass that's never empty."





 
"I suppose I think about love more than anyone really should. I am constantly amazed by its sheer power to alter and define our lives."


"I am no one special. Just a common man with common thoughts. I've led a common life.
There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten,
but in one respect I've succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I've loved another with all my heart and soul and for me that has always been enough."


"You are thinking of your little stone cottage?"
"It's on a hillside next to a beautiful vineyard. But that's not really what I'm thinking about."
"What are you thinking about?"
"You"


"Thinking about you could get me killed."



And my all-time favorite:


"I want you to faint. This is what you were meant for.
None of the fools you've ever known have kissed you like this, have they?"

Seriously? Who doesn't want to make out wtih Clark Gable? I mean.... back in the day... Cuz... he's dead. And I'm not all that interested in making out with a dead guy. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

A Conservative Unclogged Blog said...

good quotes, good movie selection! I really loved Under The Tuscan Sun...that whole lifestyle suites me, wine especially and old falling apart houses that are at least a century old. Yup..check check

Clark Gable? don't laugh but I have never really seen this movie. I know.....GASP