Sunday, October 3, 2010

A groove and a goal

Purchased a new Bose system over the weekend. After several months of a music-less home, we finally realized what we were missing. 


Then we tapped into Pandora on the iTouch, and voila... An underground jazz club right in our living room. Brings us back to our Sweetbrier days, with Nate the bartender, our little corner of the club on a Thursday evening, and the stylings of Jim Beatty. Those were some sah-weet memories. 


I love to listen to music. I far prefer music as a backdrop to my life than television. (We haven't had TV since we moved to CO - purposefully. We do have Netflix, so once in a while we're watching a movie or documentary, but for the most part, the TV just sits in its quiet corner and hardly says a peep.)  But our home has been far too silent - save the bedtime tantrums of our 3 year old. 


Ahhhhh, 'tis good. I loves me some good jazz, a cool breeze sifting in through an open window, little speckles of light from a few flickering candles, my cocktail of choice, and either a good book, the sound of my fingers pecking the keyboard, or just the hush of a fall evening after the kidlets have finally slipped off into a slumber.


It has been many, many months since there has even been a semblance of stability. I'm happy (ecstatic, really) to report that we've found our groove. 


The fact that I now have any mood I desire literally at my fingertips is bonus. 


Now if only my living room just happened to be 10 miles from town in the middle of 75 quiet acres, free from traffic noise and city lights, that would be perfection.


Goals, people. Gotta have a goal.

No comments: