Thursday, March 4, 2010

Funny words list

Scott and I have a running list of funny words. The problem is we've never written it down, so we often forget which words are really funny until one of us says one, which usually comes at a very inopportune time, when we both look at each other and have to refrain from giggling. And you know what happens when you have laughter building that you can't let out. Yep. It gets worse... and builds and builds until you let out a massive snort or "HA" for all to hear.

Off the subject: Scott's mom (Mamasan) is the champion of HA! It's hilarious. The last time she did that, we were at Lowe's. I don't know what caused it, but this loud HA rang out and echoed all over the store. Jeffrey was in his little cart and looked at me with great concern, asking, "What was that?" HAHAHAHA

Back on subject.

Here are words we think are funny:

#1 - Pork. This the all-time funniest word. You can't even say the word "pork" without smiling. There's something about the way your lips shape when you say that word. Go ahead. Say the word.

Say it.

Pork.

See? You're smiling, aren't you? Funny word.

Also on the list is:
wiggle
mole
corn
poo

Now, true, there are words that in and of themselves aren't funny, but their meaning is... But that's not what I'm talking about here. I'm just purely referring to words - the sound of it, the way your mouth looks or feels when you say it, etc. It has little to do with the meaning. That's a different list. Poo and corn would also make that list.

I'm just sayin'.

I'll add words to this list as I remember them. I always said I would, and now I'm finally getting around to it. I'm curious, though. What words do you think are funny?

No comments: