Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Singing a new song

At our weekly staff meeting today, our Lead Pastor led us in a devotional about change; "sing to the Lord a new song."

One of the things he mentioned was that often people hurt us (or we are hurt... or we suffer so much) such that we ask, "Lord, will I ever sing again?"

As I pondered, I realized that I have never wondered if I'd ever sing again. It's in my moments of pain and suffering that I sing louder. It is in these moments when God shows up in amazing ways.

I love change. And I actually look forward to suffering. If ever there was a time I was singing a new song, it would be these last 14+ months. I've been singing so much my voice is hoarse. I don't have a clue what I'm singing, but I know it blesses the Lord.

3 comments:

Bex said...

That was a powerful message this morning in so many ways.

You've never asked God in moments of pain and sorrow, "Will I ever sing again?" Wow! That's amazing.

Blessings to you in this season and as you listen to the Lord's song for you.:-)

Kyra Matkovich said...

Not since walking with Jesus. I guess I just find it easier to trust God and allow him to carry me - my heavenly Daddy - than to try to make sense of it on my own. Not to say that I haven't suffered or felt great pain - because I have. I just know that on the other side of darkness, sorrow and pain there is joy again. So my song is really more about hope. There is always hope!

Bex said...

Amen. There is always hope, which is our joy during times when experience deep pain.

That's why I love Psalm 13 because David pleads, "How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart?" I love his honesty and his cry and yet he ends with hope. "But I will trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord got he has been good to me".