Sunday, March 28, 2010

From a friend's dog....

We went to some friends' house for dinner on Friday night. The Picklebean stayed with Gramma (because having a toddler in tow really isn't condusive to deep conversation), but, of course, Eden tagged along because she's still pretty much attached to me at all times - except when I'm working at the church, and even then sometimes she is.

They have a cute, medium sized white powder-puff pooch named Sitka. He's a doll. Dogs are very interested in babies... Apparently, most babies freak out when a dog sticks its face into their space, but not my babies. (They come from a long line of dog lovers.) Eden was just as interested in him as he was in her. She just stared and stared, all while sucky heavily on her little binky - with a white ring that hangs off of it. (This is important to the story as you will soon find out.)

Anyway, we received this lovely note from our friends' dog.


Dear Eden,



I liked saying hello to you. You were down where I could see you in the little seat. I could get close up for a good sniff. You were the smallest people I have ever seen. But you were bigger than a cat. Do you like cats? You were really really small but you did smell like a people. I didn't know about that little round white thing under your nose. It kept twitching. I always watch for things that twitch.


I liked your eyes. They looked at me for a long time. When other smaller than big people come here, they make a really loud scary noise when I come close for a good look with my nose. You just kept looking at me for a long time like a good buddy. I nearly gave you a big lick but that makes some people make the really loud scary noise too so I thought I'd better not this time. Too bad you had to leave so soon.


Your big people brought me a bone. I chewed it the next day. Yuuummm! Do you chew bones? You could fit it on the little white thing. Thank you to them for the bone. And there's another one for another day. Some of my best days are me on the end of a bone.


My favorite lady people loves the flowers you brought her. They are getting bigger every day. I would sniff them but they're too high up. That's why I liked you being here. You were down where my nose is.


Love from Sitka

No comments: