Friday, March 5, 2010

Poodometer

Things were awfully quiet....

Scott and Mamasan went to the grocery store, leaving Jeffrey, Eden and I to hold down the fort. I was in the livingroom with the baby, and I hadn't heard Jeffrey for some time.

I yelled out, "Jeffrey, what are you doing?"

I heard a faint voice, "I'm going pee-pee in the potty!"

This causes concern... Sometimes it's a good thing. Sometimes... not so much. More often than not, more pee-pee ends up on the floor than in the potty.

So, I went to see.

Jeffrey's underpants were on the floor, and he was sitting on the potty... going pee-pee... keeping all the pee-pee IN the potty! Impressive!!!!

I was so proud.

He finished up and said, "Mommy, your turn!"

I put the baby down, and sat on the potty. I grabbed jeffrey's diaper in the mean time and said, "Ok, let's put your pants back on."

He said, "No. I go naked."

I replied, "No... we need to put your pants back on."

Right then, he noticed gramma's pedometer sitting on the counter. Intrigued, he asked, "What's this?" as he picked it up to inspect it.

I said, "That's a pedometer."

He said, and I kid you not, "I put it in my butt."

Now, please, somebody, tell me how he would have gotten the idea that pedometer goes in your butt???

I said, "Um, no... That doesn't go in your butt."

He asked, "Where does it go, mommy?"

I said, "It counts your steps."

Satisfied with my answer, he simply said, "Ok," put it down and walked out of the bathroom.

I still have yet to figure out why he would think a pedometer goes in his butt.

Jeffrey's girlfriend Bella, her little brother Brayden and her dad Jeremy came over a short time later. I relayed the story.

He said, "It goes in your butt to count your poops."

There it is. Poodometer.

Got it.

In the words of Mamasan, "Sealed it."

2 comments:

Adriane said...

I think that is probably the funniest thing I've ever heard!!!

Kyra Matkovich said...

Ok, so it must be said that Jeffrey most likely thought I said, "thermometer", and all he knows of a thermometer is that it goes in his butt. Makes perfect sense now. Gratefully.