Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I gave birth to Baby Jesus

Not really.

Little Eden was asked to play Jesus in the Christmas Eve services at our church. She did a great job, too. We didn't swaddle her because I wanted to allow her the room to move - really more for the people sitting near the back so they realized that, wow, that's a real baby! She did 4:00 pm and 11:00 pm services. I was a bit worried about the 11:00 pm service. She had been handled and shuffled all day, hardly without a nap, and by 11:00 pm she was ready to call it a day. I was just praying that the Holy Spirit would come over her and give her a peace and calmness to get through the dance. Sure enough, just as I passed her to the dancer who would hold her for 2 minutes or so, then pass her to another dancer who would dance her all around the stage, and hold her up to the light, etc., she just completely calmed down. She was wide-eyed and interested, but not fussy at all. Beautiful. (I didn't want my child to be the first colicky Jesus...)

I played the DVD for Jeffrey last weekend. Now he thinks his little sister is Baby Jesus. He points to her and says, "That's Baby Jesus." How do you explain to a 2 1/2 year old that it was just pretend? I mean, that'd be awesome, but I highly doubt that God would have ever chosen me to bear His son. I'm just not that holy. Shocking truth, I know.

No comments: