Friday, June 4, 2010

Spoiler Alert

For those of you who have been following, you know that we've been in an interesting season of transition for the last several months.  The ways that God has answered our prayers have been so overwhelming. There just isn't any way that we, on our own, could have orchestrated this better.

We've remained pretty silent about what has been happening behind the scenes - primarily because we wanted to give God the room to work. We didn't want the opinions of others to drown out God's voice. So, we basically isolated ourselves and entered into a quiet season of silence as Jesus was asking us to seek Him.

I could say many things about this - and will in the days and weeks to come - but for now I want to tell you about the immediate plans for the Matkovich family.

As I mentioned before, God has answered our prayers. As you know, Oregon has not felt like home to us, and we've been praying for years that God would lead us out of here. Well... now is the time. Through many bizarre twists and turns, God is uprooting us. I suppose it isn't really "uprooting" since we never put down roots here to begin with. But, we've prayed that God would lead us to a place where we could put down roots... 

That place is Colorado - just as we've been praying for.

And it has all happened so quickly... 

In less than two weeks, we'll be packing all of our belongings, loading up a Penske truck and our little family is heading east to northern Colorado. We're loading the truck on the 17th, and hittin' the road on the 18th....

The details and timing of how this all happened is just crazy. I still just shake my head and have to laugh because, really, we did very little to make this happen. We simply responded when God asked us to. Not a lot of effort on our part. So, I thank God for this season of silence, solitude and, frankly, loneliness, because without it, I'm not sure we would have seen God moving, or leaned in as hard as we did, or heard Him calling us in those moments that required obedience.

More about this at a later time.

Today was my last day at the church. I'll be taking a couple of days next week to just breathe through the end of this chapter as we begin a new one. This has been a bittersweet ending. 

So, for those of you at the church, I just want to say that I am honored to have worked alongside you in ministry. I had the privilege of reminiscing with a few of you - the laughs, the tears, the trials, the celebrations. Salem Alliance will always hold a tender place in my heart. I learned a lot about Jesus (and myself... and humanity) in my three years, and I'm grateful for the time spent with each of you. I just want to encourage you all to keep leaning in and listening intently for where God is leading you, and what He's calling out of you. Whether that continues to be at Salem Alliance, or perhaps He's leading you away, as well, God can be trusted. He really is who He says He is. Matthew 6:33, "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."  Luke 12:32, "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."

What a beautiful thing. It is your Father's good pleasure to give you the Kingdom. And what a gift it is!

Welp, that's all for now. I'll be writing more about the details of these past several months. As I said, there are still a few details left to be sorted out, but by the grace of God alone, He is already at work in those things. 

I feel as though I'm standing on my Father's feet as He teaches me to dance.



 

5 comments:

Christy said...

When do you leave for Colorado?

Adriane said...

YEA RAH!!!!

Kyra Matkovich said...

We leave on the 18th. We're giving ourselves 2 1/2 days to get there because I'm not sure how well the kids will travel. I'll be alone with them so I don't know how much whining and screaming I can take! I'll have to stop every couple of hours (or more) so JEffrey can run around and I can nurse Eden. Should be an interesting 1200 miles!

Christy said...

Since we just made the trip, if it works out, stop in Little America, Wyoming....they have .50 cent ice cream cones and a playground for the kids.

Wyoming is the worst part, that is the only time Lincoln or Reagan slept...yup that boring. But it is also the only time we saw antelope and deer.

Kyra Matkovich said...

Yeah, Wyoming is pretty boring. I've made that drive several times (since I used to live in Billings, MT and drove to Denver pretty frequently). I don't know what I'm gonna do to keep Eden occupied. She may scream for 4 hours straight. I don't really know what I'll do with Jeffrey, either, but I'm hoping if he runs around for 20 minutes, he'll be ok sitting for 2 hours. I might have to get a portable DVD for the trip. Eeek!