Thursday, February 25, 2010

Porky Pine

I love hearing Jeffrey learn new words. Sometimes he gets them right. Sometimes he doesn't.

Every Thursday afternoon, I make popcorn the old fashioned way - on the stove in a kettle with oil and kernels. (I'm not a big fan of microwave popcorn.)

Jeffrey got his little purple bowl full of popcorn. He loves to play as he eats, and he always ends up in his own little world living out a different reality. Today as he was eating, he would examine each kernel very carefully before popping it in his mouth.

Earlier in the day, we watched Veggie Tales Jonah... In the beginning of the movie, there is a mama porcupine that shoots quills at Bob the Tomato.

Somehow the word "porcupine" stuck in his mind and he started exclaiming "Porky pine!" every time he tossed a piece of popcorn in his mouth.

I finally caught on. So I tried to correct him.

He'd say, "Porky pine!"

I'd say, "PorcUpine."

J: "Porky pine!"

Me: "PorcUpine."

J: "Pork EE pine!"

Me: "PorcUpine."

J: "Pork YOUR pine!"

HAHAHAHAAH

Me: "PorcUpine."

J: "No, mommy! Pork YOUR pine!"

I seriously can't handle this much amusement. I can't ever keep a straight face. It's hilarious.

Me: "Jeffrey, it's porcUpine."

J: "Pork YOU pine!"

Me: "Very good!"

Ahhh... it took a while, but we got there. For some reason, I think I like his versions better.

No, mommy! Pork YOUR pine!
I love my little man.

No comments: