Thursday, March 12, 2009

Whistles

One of the funniest things ever is when someone's nose whistles. A few months back, Scott and I had just snuggled into bed for the night. All was quiet... when out of the silence came this faint "weeeeeeee" with each breath. So, he sniffed to try to make it go away. It just made it louder. "Weeeeeee....", inhale, "weeeeeeeeee", inhale.... Cracked us up.

I somehow caught yet another cold this season. That makes about 10 this winter alone. (Gotta love petri-dish kids.) I was all stubbed ub last night and this morning. On the way to work, I blew my nose. Because my sinuses are so stuffy, instead of a hearty blow, we heard a loud whistle, "WEEEEEEEE" and when I stopped blowing, it was following by a much softer echo, "weeeeeee". I looked at Scott. We just smiled at each other. So, I blew again. Again, "WEEEEEEEEE"... pause... "weeeeeee". We giggled. Again, "WEEEEEEEEEEE"... pause... "weeeeeee"... We just cracked up.

Why is that so funny? It's actually a little gross when you think about it. But there's something just inately funny about bodily noises. We all laugh at them. I just think the nose whistle is up near the top of list.

No comments: