Monday, November 23, 2009

Good observations

Kids are hilarious. This morning Jeffrey was rocking Eden in the rocking chair. A few minutes into it, she started to fuss. I told him, "Honey, I need to feed the baby."


He replied in his usual matter-of-fact way, "Jeffrey feeds the baby," and then lifted his shirt and tried to shove his nipple into her mouth.

Last week, Scott went to pick up Jeffrey from school. When he got there, the teachers were sort of giggling and saying they have a funny story to share. Earlier in the day, Jeffrey was playing with this new doll house they got. His teacher found Jeffrey with his shirt up and the doll's face on his nipple. She said, "He notices!" Gee, ya think?

Every time I'm feeding Eden, he comes up and pokes me in the boob saying, "She drinks the milk in there! There's milk in there!"

I tell him, "Yes, honey, there's milk in there. Mommy makes milk for the baby."

He'll repeat, "Mommy makes the milk in there!" And then asks me, "Jeffrey try it?"

Um... no....

But today he said, "Jeffrey makes milk for the baby."

Um... no....

Secretly, I wish Jeffrey could make the milk for the baby. I'd get a lot more done that way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! hahahahahahaha!!!!! My back hurts when I laugh but I can't help it. I can't wait until we are out there with youse guyses!

Christy said...

I love it!! So cute!

Brian and I'Ching said...

This is LOL funny! Jeffrey is a great big brother!

A Conservative Unclogged Blog said...

It is so cute! They notice so much! Matthew was enthralled with it too. He insisted on telling complete strangers about my "breasts".

You have to keep this logged for future use when he becomes that all too "confident" teenager that thinks he knows WAY more than MOM or DAD.

I am sure one quick peek at his roots will be an eye opener....

I say that because I watch my teenagers who think they NEVER did any of the crazy antics they see from their much younger siblings and are consequently SOOOO bothered by as if....they were perfect.......then I get to pull out the 'big guns' of pictures and journal entries to back up my story.

Yep, it is a joy to watch them learn about life.