Friday, September 1, 2006

Random Thoughts

My best friend and I played phone tag for a few days. She told me she had news, so... of course I HAD to know. Scott and I immediately thought she must be pregnant because what else would have her so excited. I knew she wasn't engaged cuz she already said she didn't want to get married again (like a billion times... adamantly). It couldn't be a new house... Well, we finally connected this morning, and (drum roll please)... She is pregnant! Holy cow! She's very excited about being a mom, and I can't help but be excited for her. Disappointing that she and her man-friend have decided not to marry (seems the way of the world anymore). I'm totally bummed that I'm not in the same state now. (Particularly cuz, for those of you who don't already know, Scott and I are "trying" (in a very loose sense).) It would be way cool to have our babies around the same time. Obviously, she'd be a few months ahead of me. She's going to make a cute little pregnant person. Tiny people always do.

So, there's that. And it's Labor Day weekend, so at least we got that going for us. I was hoping that our ghetto neighbors would have their stupid bark mulch pile picked up by now, but alas, they do not. Somehow they defy all things logical and reasonable. But I haven't heard the damn rooster for a few nights now, so I wonder if they finally set him free. And by "free" I mean chop his noisy head off.

I just got the shiver-me-timbers. It must mean something.

No comments: